Monday 25 March 2013

Diary of a Revolution Sampler 4

From the back the colours stand out more.

Yesterday I managed to get to half way with the stitching. I couldn't put up the post because I had to stitch!

I'm still trying to meet my self imposed Easter deadline. To do this I've divided up the remaining stitching into daily amounts.
It's Monday, I've finished stitching and I've just begun Sunday's allotted rows.
I'm still optimistic that I'll manage it it.

Actually giving myself daily deadlines has been really useful and is definitely making me sit down and get on with it.

I think it's getting faster too. It's definitely quicker as I work out to the side edges of the piece because I don't have it rolled up in front of me.

I've also decided that I prefer twisted thread to embroidery strands. The embroidery strands tend to separate; I think because I start with such long lengths. My favourite threads are the pearl cotton, in various sizes, which I've dyed myself.

It's getting very exciting as I can see the end in sight.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate you leaving a comment. Ideally I would love this blog to be a place for quilters to discuss topics and share experiences related to the posts .