Saturday 23 February 2013

Diary of a Revolution Sampler

Day 1



A blank canvas , well actually a blank piece of muslin covered with fusible web.


Material I've been collecting for almost a year connected to demonstrations and protests here in Granada and Spain during 2012.

Lettering to be embroidered across the sampler drawn onto opaque paper - actually the paper I pulled off the fusible web.







A quick look at the tangled threads in my embroidery box to see what exactly I have. I was pleasantly surprised!



Fixing the posters and newspaper cuttings to the fusible web was a bit like doing a jigsaw backwards.
First draw a line under the image.









Then cut out the paper from underneath and finally iron with a piece of muslin between the iron and the paper.











Everything stuck down.

Now tack through all the lettering.










And finally, for today, rip off all the paper.

It makes more sense on the back.














To be continued.....



No comments:

Post a Comment

I really do appreciate you leaving a comment. Ideally I would love this blog to be a place for quilters to discuss topics and share experiences related to the posts .